We invite people with a strong sense of mission to join us. You will help workers reap fair returns in the workplace, enhance their employment and employability through skills upgrading and job-matching and improve their quality of life with membership benefits.
If you want a career with a bigger purpose, one of these roles might be just for you.
Specialist / Senior Specialist (Migrant Worker's Centre) 2 Years Contract
- Provide assistance to migrant workers referred by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in order to meet their needs for temporary housing and food while MOM resolves their cases.
- Provide advice and case advocacy services to migrant workers.
- Assess claims made by migrant workers and escalate deserving cases to MOM.
- Monitor progress of cases till closure (i.e. point of repatriation, or transfer of employer) and ensure proper documentation.
- Assess requests involving migrant workers and make recommendations.
- Organise social support activities for migrant workers such as enrichment classes, recreational or social events.
- Source for partnerships and opportunities to engage and educate migrant workers on issues such as fair employment practices and social integration.
- Engage in any other duties as assigned.
- Preferably Diploma Holder and above.
- Passionate about helping Migrant Workers.
- At least 2 years of working experience in Events Management, Operations and/or Customer Service, preferably in charitable organizations.
- Candidates who do not have the necessary educational qualifications but with relevant working experience will also be considered.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates who can converse in multiple languages such as Bengali, Mandarin or Tamil will have an added advantage (to liaise with Bengali, Mandarin or Tamil speaking associates).
[ Email this job ]